Tuesday, February 8, 2011

First Step

Creative thoughts have always swirled through my head.  I have been a prisoner though.  Unable to express myself.  Afraid to explore, express, and create.  I have endless desire to create.

 I have been asked to teach art.  The voice inside my head answers, "You don't want me to teach your child, because I will not be teaching them what you want them to learn.  I won't teach perspective, line, shading, shape, contour.  Those are already inside all of us.  I will teach freedom to express and explore.  To truly create.  I would not be teaching at all.  I would allow creative excitement to take place."  I might feel this way because this is what I want for myself.  I want to take the passion I feel inside and pull it out of myself.  I want to create from what I feel inside.   For as long as I can remember I have felt this way. 

When I look at the world, I see magnificence all around me.  I am constantly thinking about how I could capture this beauty through different mediums.  I feel fire in sunsets,  sentiment in rain, solitude in snow storms, and perpetuity when looking into the heavens. I feel different shapes, colors, and emotions are attached to everything we see.  When we look at something we are drawn to it's shape, the way it makes us feel, or possibly the color.  The way it smells, the way it tastes.  We use our senses to allow our soul to enjoy the world around us.  Some things will dominate one sense so profoundly that we are taken back.  Others will tickle every sense and leave us filling fulfilled in a varying way.

We all view the world differently, through different eyes, and different experiences.  It is amazing to me that there is so much out there to create.  I can see it bursting at the seems, yet we are afraid.  We are afraid to take the first step.  Scared of what others might think of our creations.  Maybe we feel we don't have the money to create.  We might feel we don't have the time.  We need to let our souls loose.  We should realize that whether we like it or not we are creating every moment we live.  We are creating our beautiful lives.   We are all creators.  We all create in our own way,  through our dreams, our thoughts, our lives.  We create happiness in our home, joy in others. We create the food we eat, the way we dress ourselves.  We can create happiness each day, or sadness.  We can choose what we want to create.  We just need to take the first step.  If we could truly realize our capabilities then there wouldn't be anything that could hold us back from attaining our innermost desires.

We need to allow our souls to be free even for just a moment.  Allow ourselves to feel that tingle inside.  The burning desire to create.  When we don't follow the desire, we can feel depressed and hollow.  This is my passion, my desire.  I want to learn to listen to my own unique creative intuition and follow it.

No comments:

Post a Comment